On yet another summer trip, Scott and I took his bike on the ferry over to Mayne Island for a wedding between two of his good friends, Ben and Michelle. Scott worked with the bride on Grouse Mountain doing the Lumberjack show, and has worked with the Groom on lumberjack shows in New Zealand (random occupations, I know), so I wasn't too surprised when the wedding had a bit of a lumberjack theme to it. The happy couple cut the cake with an axe, was welcomed back to the reception showered in sawdust (flying in the air off of the chainsaws cutting logs along the aisle, naturally), and the bride came down the aisle to the song, "The River Driver," rather than your typical "Here comes the bride." While this may all sound a little quirky, the wedding turned out to be an absolute blast and the setting for all the festivities was gorgeous. We had a fabulous time camping out and celebrating with everyone, I only wish we could have stayed longer.
- The view from our campsite, right on the ocean -
- Late-night star-gazing from the main pier -
-The Perfect place for a wedding -
- The Bride & Groom -
- Gorgeous Sunset over the water at Dinner time -
- Did I mention I love the BC Coast? -
1 comment:
The sunset pictures are just amazing. You have a great camera!!
Post a Comment