Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Steven's Updates



Earlier this year, Steven sent me a couple photos (presumably taken on a cell phone?) of the fence once it was installed around the school. All of the renovations were completed within a month or so of my departure from Tanzania, and the school has passed the inspection and is ready to be officially registered.

Steven and I have been deliberating over what to call the school - it took me some time to come up with a name I liked, and when I finally settled on one, Steven said we couldn't use it because the Stationery shop next door had already used that name and we didn't want to appear to be copying them. In a recent letter, however, Steven wrote, 
"About the school name, our first idea was Tupendane nursery school. I'm now coming to your first idea because that name from our neighbor's shop has been deleted. I also asked wife and our sweetie Saumu, and they like the first one, so how do you think?"

Tupendane roughly translates as 'we all love one another' and encompasses the idea of unity, friendship and caring for each other. I like it. Steven, Grace and Saumu like it. So I think we'll go for it. 

Steven has the paperwork for official registration in hand and almost completed, aside from the name... once submitted, the school will be registered!

Steven has also ended every email, letter and message with something along these lines: "Say hi to all donors who help me, tell them that I really appreciate what they have done, and I still remember them."

A huge thank you again to everyone who helped make this possible :)

No comments: