Friday, September 4, 2009

New Zealand Nostalgia

I got a bit distracted during my 3 weeks in new Zealand. For one, I had someone to talk to and travel with all the time, so I spent less time on the computer writing home and more time recounting stories of my earlier travels in Asia over wine on the beach or long scenic drives. Secondly, my best friend Scott and I crammed waaaaaay to much into 3 weeks on our epic cross-country road trip - I didn't have time to write, read, email, let alone update my blog once we were on the road. Lastly, I was simply having way too much fun to even think about checking into an internet cafe and I figured you could wait a while to see some photos.

Now, I've finally had enough time to go through my 8000+ photos from my 4 months abroad, and I've picked a mere handful of favorites from the New Zealand trip. I've been particularly careful about posting my photos on Facebook, so for those who I haven't seen in person to show off my photos to, I thought I'd post a few of my best shots whenever I get the chance. There are many, many more to come!


Scotty walking through some Lord-of-the-Rings-esque landscapes in the Mitukituki Valley, near Wanaka.

Amazing rock formations near the Franz Joseph Glacier

The South Island's STUNNING west coast, near Punakaiki (Definitely one of my favorite places in the country!)

The Blue lakes on the 19km Tongariro Alpine Crossing Hike

Kayaking in the Bay of Islands with my best friend (and Scotty making some kind of Maori Warrior face?)

No comments: