YVR - NAR - Bangkok – Kanchanaburi – Bangkok – Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi – Hue – Hoi An – Nha Trang – Central Highlands - Da Lat – Mui Ne – Saigon – Mekong River Delta – Can Tho - Saigon – Cu Chi – Cao Dai – Saigon - Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville – Otres Beach - Phnom Penh – Bangkok – HKT - Khao Lak – Similians – Richelieu Rock - Koh Bon - Khao Lak – HKT – Kuala Lumpur – Kota Kinabalu – Sandakan – Sepilok – Jungle – Sukau – Sandakan – Kuala Lumpur – Yogyakarta – Borobrodur – Prambanan – Gunning Bromo – Lovina – Amed – Sanur – Amed – Candidasa – Besakih - Nusa Penida – Candikluning – Denpasar – Ubud – KLIA – AKL – Rotorua – Waiheke Island – Auckland – Devonport – Auckland - Whangarei – Poor Knights Islands - Pahia - Bay of Islands – Kauri Forests – Pahia - Waipu caves – LONG driving day via Auckland to National Park – Tongariro Crossing – Wellington – Picton Ferry – Punakaiki – Punakaiki Hike – Franz Joseph Hike – Wanaka – Mitukituki Valley Hike – Queenstown – Milford Sound – Moeraki Boulders – Christchurch – Kaikoura – Nelson – Picton to Wellington Ferry – Long drive to Blue Lakes, Rotorua – ATV tour – Auckland airport – YVR
In other words, that's:
6 countries
102 Days
13 Airports
25 stops in airports
3 trains
28 buses
36 boat trips
29 New friends/travel buddies
45 cities & towns slept in
countless rickshaws
800 km on the back of a Motorbike
5,000 km on Balinese Roads
10,000 km on Kiwi Roads
8000+ photos
I feel like I could end that off with "Priceless" and turn this into a Mastercard ad, but I'll try to avoid the kitsch. I'm back in the real world now, and I keep finding myself answering the giant, yet vague question, "So how was your trip?"
Pretty freaking awesome. Where do you want me to start?
Yet, I'm still trying to make sense of all my experiences so I have a substantial answer to provide. In the meantime I've successfully managed to abandon writing and get caught up with the friends and family I missed while I was away. Coming home was a difficult, strange and surreal experience - you never really can come Home.
Check back soon for more photos, old journal entries and bits and pieces of stories as I get caught up in travel nostalgia...
1 comment:
Hey kait!
Loving the statistics! Need to start figuring out some myself! :-) Actually, as of today, I have been away for over 4 months! :-)
Anyway, hope you are settling back in okay!
Cheers,
Geordie
Post a Comment