Tuesday, April 7, 2009

(A Few Photos from the) Bali Roadtrip!

I'm feeling pretty lazy now that I'm in New Zealand (the 2.5 Hour hike/run around the island today may also have something to do with it) so I've decided to steal some of Russell's photos (thanks bud!) until I find the inspiration to get into detail about the Bali Roadtrip and my adventures in Java. Basically, I met up with Russell and Juliette in the North coast of Bali after a couple days in Yogyakarta and a ridiculous overland trip through Bromo (from Yogya) to the ferry to Bali. Juliette had a limited amount of time in Bali so we crammed in a TON of sightseeing into the first 3 days I was there (Russell and Juliette had seen a lot before I had arrived as well), then took things at a slightly slower pace for the remainder of my 2 weeks in Bali. In 2 weeks we put 1000km on the rental car (only $13 a day, and gas at $0.45/l!) and saw most of the island, except for a chunk of the northwest side. In between temples, local markets, street food, Hindu festivals for Nyepi (the Hindu new year in Bali), beach time, dolphin "watching," rice paddies, scenic drives and canoe trips, we even managed to cram in 3 days of diving. Anyways, here's a few photos to hold you over until I feel like writing again...

Padangbai - the jump-off point for 4 dives around Blue Lagoon and Nusa Penida

One of many Hindu temples we stopped at along the Northeast coast

Just driving through the mountains...

Titragangga, the water palace in the Mountains on the east side of Bali

Russell & I on the road

No comments: